Buyer’s Guide to Bar Equipment
Have you decided to start your own bar business but aren’t sure what equipment you need? Or maybe you’re a seasoned bar owner looking for some simple, effective ways to take your business to the next level.
In this article, you’ll discover everything you need to know about bar equipment, including what to look out for when shopping and how to keep your bar in tip-top shape. And the many places you can purchase high-quality equipment, for example, RS Components.
If you’re keen to gather some insider tips about the best bar equipment on the market, keep reading!
Maintaining a beautiful bar
When customers enter your pub, hotel, or restaurant, the first thing they’ll notice is the bar. This area is crucial in determining your guest’s first impression of your establishment. A clean, welcoming bar area will feel inviting and encourage guests to come back for more!
Here are a few top tips for keeping your business’s bar area looking beautiful.
- Organise everything to simplify cleaning. Invest in appropriate storage equipment, such as refrigerator units and condiment boxes, to keep everything in its place.
- Arrange a weekly, monthly, or quarterly deep clean, depending on how often your bar is open for service.
- Regularly wipe and sanitise surfaces to keep them free of dirt, grime, and dust.
- Perform a regular check for spills and leaks across tables, chairs, counters, and the floor, wiping down any sticky surfaces with soap and water.
Before any cleaning starts, we suggest you first protect your floor with an anti-slip mat or some other kind of protection to prevent flooding and to keep your staff and patrons safe.
Types of bar equipment
Now, let’s talk about the backbone of every bar—the equipment used to keep things clean, serve drinks, and create a welcoming vibe for customers and bartenders alike.
Here’s some essential equipment you’ll need to run a successful bar:
– Serving equipment: jigger, ice scoop, measure for liquor pourers, wine opener, quality glassware, strainer, spoons, ice buckets, mixing glasses
– Preparation equipment: blender, ice machine
– Cleaning equipment: dishwashing liquid, scrub brushes, bottle brushes, underbar sink, handwashing sink
– Storage equipment: refrigeration unit, beer cooler, wine cooler, glass chiller
What to look out for when buying bar equipment
So, now you know you need to buy—but how can you guarantee the equipment will work for you? First of all, consider the bar business you’re in. Different bars have different needs—for example, a small neighbourhood taqueria might not need a cocktail tower with 20 stations!
In general, look for high-quality equipment made from durable, long-lasting materials. A fast-paced bar during happy is the perfect setting for breakages, so you’ll need to know your equipment can handle the impact!
You should also consider how much space the equipment will take up and how often you’ll use it. Weigh these factors against your budget—do you need a large wine cooler if you specialise in beer and cider?
Buying high-quality, durable, and multifunctional bar equipment will help you create a warm, welcoming space customers will come back to again and again. Now you’ve read our comprehensive buyer’s guide; it’s time to get out there and start shopping!