How to Get Coins in Pokemon Go: Get free Pokecoins
How to get coins in pokemon go? Pokecoins are extremely rare commodities in Pokemon Go. They can be used to buy a variety of things. They are also the in-game currency that you can buy with real money.
There are tons of spam sites out there promising to give you free Pokemon coins, but these simply don’t work. We highly recommend you don’t even try them. In Pokemon Go, there are currently only two ways to get free Pokecoins, and we’ll show you both.
Buy Pokecoins with Google Rewards money
Buying Pokecoins is the easiest and most obvious way to get them. This option is available in the Shop below along with all of the other things you can buy with coins.
Pokemon Go Pokecoin prices:
- $0.99 – 100 coins
- $4.99 – 550 coins
- $9.99 – 1200 coins
- $19.99 – 2500 coins
- $39.99 – 5200 coins
- $99.99 – 14500 coins
In general, Freemium games use this pricing structure, and Pokemon Go is no different. You may already be saying, “This isn’t free”. It is accurate and we are not debating that in any way. However, there are ways to get Google Play credit for free, which you can use to purchase coins!
How to get free Google Play credit
- Download Google Opinion Rewards.
- Open the app to get it started. You may have to complete an introductory survey.
- Once the app is open, you can start hunting Pokemon like normal.
- In the coming days, weeks, and months, you’ll receive notifications asking you to complete surveys in the app.
- There are usually only a few questions in each survey and it lasts only a few minutes.
- As a reward for completing surveys, you’ll usually get Google Play credit you can use in the Play Store. That includes in-app purchases. You should realize that not all surveys will generate money, so be aware of that.
- Over time, you’ll accumulate enough Google Play credit to buy Pokecoins! It won’t bring you tons of coins, but it’s a nice boost every once in a while.
It’s not the most effective way to get free coins. Our recommendation is to treat yourself to this occasionally rather than regularly. Still, free coins are free coins, right?
Taking down and fortifying Gyms is the only way to earn Pokecoins in the game. Here’s how this method works:
- Find a Gym and either take it down or fortify it so you can put your Pokemon there.
- You can only earn 50 Pokecoins a day. That’s the daily limit.
- You’ll earn 1 Pokecoin per 10 minutes of your Pokemon defending a gym.
- You can only have one Pokemon at a time in a gin.
- Pokemon creatures cannot be placed in more than 20 gyms at the same time.
This means you will have to be aggressive when it comes to taking down and fortifying Gyms since others will also be trying to gain them. You will likely need tons of Potions, so prepare!
What can you buy with Pokecoins?
I’ll briefly go over the things you can actually buy with Pokecoins in case you’re new to the game:
- Boxes: Pokemon Go sells different surprise boxes at different prices. Each box contains a variety of items and prizes.
- Passes: 100 coins for one remote raid pass, 250 coins for three remote raid passes, 100 coins for one premium battle pass.
- Incubators: One Egg Incubator for 100 coins and one Super Incubator for 200 coins.
- Poffins: One Poffin for 100 coins.
- Poke Balls: 20 Poke Balls for 100 coins, 100 Poke Balls for 460 coins, 200 Poke Balls for 800 coins.
- Incense: 40 coins for one incense, 250 coins for eight incenses.
- Star Piece: One Star Piece costs 100 coins, eight Star Pieces cost 640 coins.
- Max Potions: 10 Mac Potions cost 200 coins.
- Lucky Egg: One Lucky Egg for 80 coins, eight Lucky Eggs for 500 coins.
- Max Revives: Six Max Revives for 180 coins.
- Lure Module: 200 Glacial Lure Modules, 200 Mossy Lure Modules, 200 Magnetic Lure Modules, 200 Rainy Lure Modules, 100 Lure Modules, and 8 Lure Models.
- Egg Incubator: costs 150 coins, and lasts three uses.
- Item Bag: 200 coins, increases your item storage by 50 slots. This upgrade is permanent.
- Pokemon Storage Upgrade: 200 coins, increases how many Pokemon you can carry by 50. This upgrade is permanent.
- Team Medalion: 1k coins, allows you to switch between teams. It can only be purchased once every 365 days.
The Pokémon coins are a valuable resource, and they’re rare (and expensive). Thus, make sure you spend them wisely. Let us know if you have any stories, tips, or tricks about Pokecoins in the comments!